One of the beginning phases of any construction project is land clearing. There is almost always something already in place that needs to be removed before you can get started. It might be existing structures, trees, heavy foliage, or something else entirely. This is one of the reasons why a quote for land clearing always involves a survey of the site to see what factors could influence the complexity, danger, and length of the land clearing project. Here are a few of the factors that can affect the quote you’ll get for your land clearing project.
- Accessibility- The more difficult it is to get land clearing equipment into place, the more you can expect to pay for land clearing. A challenging location makes it harder to extricate the debris and may require that some work be done by hand rather than using equipment.
- Material disposal- Land clearing quotes can be affected by what is needing to be removed from the property. Some things that have value, such as timber, can offset the cost, but those that need to go to a landfill will add to the cost. Hazardous materials could prove quite costly to remove.
- Permits- Expect to be charged for any permits that are required by your zoning office. There might also be delays due to getting authorization based on the geographical location.
- Type of materials- Some materials are harder to remove than others, so your land clearing quote will vary depending on what is present on the property.
- Grading- The topography of the land also factors into the project as hilly areas are more challenging and more grading is necessary to prepare your property for the next phase of your project. Severely hilly areas can be more dangerous and your quote will reflect the risk involved.
- Size- The size of the project provides the baseline for your quote from which all other factors build upon to create your final bid.
- Season- The weather can affect how much your land clearing project ends up costing. In addition, busy times put land clearing professionals in demand, so prices can be higher in some cases.
- Added costs- Depending on your project, the land clearing company many need to hire certain professionals which would increase their quote.
At GP Associates, Inc., we offer exceptional land clearing services and we are always transparent about what our fee will be for your project. We carefully inspect the property and do our research so that there are no hidden surprises down the road. If you would like a quote for a land clearing project or for any of our services, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.